Internal communication plays an important role in helping your company function effectively and efficiently. Team members need to be able to communicate within others within the company in order to stay productive and achieve their overall goals. Below, we’ve put together a short list of ways that you can start to improve communication within your company:
- Strengthen connections between team members.
If you want your team members to feel comfortable openly communicating with others within the organization, you need to work to build stronger connections between team members and across teams. Make sure that your managers take time to get to know their employees and institute an “open door policy” where team members are able to communicate directly and openly with their managers. You can also encourage communication and connection building across teams by having cross-departmental meetings that allow team members to openly communicate.
- Encourage information sharing.
Another way to improve communication across your organization is through information sharing. Many of your employees are most likely reading about trends and staying up-to-date with news from your industry on a weekly basis. Provide a platform that all employees can use for knowledge sharing, and encourage everyone to share industry news or other important information in this shared space. This will not only help employees feel more involved, but sharing this valuable information can also be helpful for your business.
- Use the right tools.
Sometimes improving communication within your company requires you to adopt new tools that enable your team to effectively communicate and collaborate in real time. Here are just a few tools that can help improve communication within your company:
- Business Telephone Services – Whether you choose a cloud-based system or on-premise VoIP phone system, it’s vital that your organization has effective business telephone services to ensure that your team members can communicate and collaborate successfully.
- Chat Program – A chat program like Slack or HipChat makes it easy for your team members to communicate in real-time. Some of these chat programs offer features such as voice calls or live presentations, while others just provide basic instant messaging.
- Email System – You are probably already using email within your company, but does your email system meet your company needs? Consider factors like storage, number of accounts, added costs, etc. to determine if your current email system is right for your business. If not, do some research to find one that is more suitable.
These are just a few of the ways that you can improve communication at your organization. Remember, if you want to create and support a collaborative work environment, you need to provide your employees with the tools they need to stay connected. To find out more about business telephone solutions, give us a call: (888) 257-0955.